Interesting People


I slept great last night. Now let me share with you the events of last night.
Dinner took forever. When I started cooking, I was alone in the kitchen (I was making salad and broiled chicken). A little while into my preparation, a loud spoken guy comes out of nowhere and starts talking to me, trying to tell me how to cook my chicken. Now, to understand my frustration/agitation, I must describe this guy. Picture one of those people who won’t stop talking and is constantly talking about themselves, the ones who have no regard for one’s personal space. You know the ones. I wanted to say...um excuse me, do you not see how awkward I look while you’re forcing me farther and farther into this corner due to your space issues? You’re In My Bubble, Get Out!

James (a resident and employee of the India House), noticed this awkwardness and informed the hostel staff. Shortly after, hostel staff member Carla come to check on me and told me she was concerned because I’m part of the hostel family. Kind of silly coming from her considering she’s the reason I chose to switch rooms (well, and I also wanted a bottom bunk). I was put in a room with Carla when I first arrived. It was around that time that she yelled at me at 5 am one morning because my alarm clock went off. She said I needed to put my alarm on vibrate so it won’t wake everyone up... Be real, as if tha’'s going to wake me up... BTW: I took a poll at the India House. No one has their alarms on vibrate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment