Savory Sunday's


OK, so I promised I would share Savory Sundays with you. While at the India House I met a group of people (Ellen, Stephanie, John, Han & Paul) from Madison, WI. Their mission is to feed the homeless, one by one. When in Madison, they go to the city’s capitol every Sunday and make a home cooked meal for those in need of a warm meal. Five of their members came to New Orleans on Spring Break to continue their mission in the Big City. When I was asked to join in, I jumped at the chance. I was able to help in cooking, preparing, distributing and listening. We passed out meals for 5 days at Jackson Square Park. I had the privilege of meeting and hearing the stories of many men and women in the French Quarter area that are without a place to call home.


I had such a great experience that I have decided to take over where Savory Sundays left off. So far, I have gathered 5 other people who would like to take part in helping feed the homeless.






Dr. Love (in center)

0 comments:

Post a Comment