Recap of Friday's events


I forgot how much walking (especially as your main means of transportation) takes out of you. Today was tiring. I started by going to the French Quarter at 9 am where I was to meet my new roommate Annie to pick up the keys to our new apartment. I had a dentist appointment at 1 pm, so I had plenty of time. I didn’t want to head back to the hostel as I was already checked out of my room, so I decided to walk around the quarter. I walked around until 11:30 am, then I headed to the bus stop. Jumped on the first bus, then got off and walked down about 7 blocks to catch the second bus, which would take me to my dentist appointment at LSU School of Dentistry. The bus let me off on at the end of the street. I walked down about a mile. After my appointment, (which only took 30 min.) I did it all over again, in reverse.

After my appointment, I went back to the India House to wait for word that our apartment was ready. Around 9:30 I get a text that it’s OK to move in. As I’m about to fill my air mattress, it appears that the rechargeable battery isn’t charged. After reading the instructions, I notice "Battery must be charged for 12 hours prior to inflation." My friend once said they used a blow dryer to fill a mattress, so I thought, why not try. He was right. But this wasn’t going to cut it. About 30 minutes after I plugged the charger in, I decided to take a closer look at the box. It states, "Device will not operate while plugged into the AC adapter." You see, every time I had attempted to start the pump, it had been plugged into the adapter as my friend insisted that it wasn’t already charged. Lesson learned: I should have gone with my first instinct, which was that it was charged and ready to inflate.

Annie and I planned on having a drink after she got off work, but she ended up having to work late so she wasn’t able to move in the first night (she had nothing to sleep on and our floors are hardwood). My first night alone in an apartment, in New Orleans, wasn’t too bad though. I was so exhausted from the day that I fell right asleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment