Living arrangements in New Orleans


When I planned out my adventure in New Orleans, I never expected it to be so difficult to find a place to stay. As you know, I started out at the India House Hostel, which was a lot of fun. From there I went to live in the Marigny (French Quarter) in a shotgun with a girl from Portland, OR. Ayni and I got along great but I just couldn’t get used to the shotgun style. It’s been such a struggle to find a place to live, either it’s too expensive or it’s in the wrong part of town. I’ve been staying in Uptown since May 1st, with my foreman Brian (not real name) and another Habitat employee for the past 3 weeks now.

I love the guys I work with and I am grateful for my curring living situation, but I want to find a place that's more "me" and a little less like a guys' locker room. :-)





0 comments:

Post a Comment