Devastated in New Orleans


I'm so excited to be back in New Orleans.

I found myself feeling homesick around May. I didn’t necessarily want to leave New Orleans, but I was looking forward to returning to the West Coast. I enjoyed my time in California for the wedding, but was equally happy to come back to New Orleans for a couple of months. It all felt like things were (finally) coming together. I settled into my new place, recently met some new people, accepted the Southern lifestyle, and felt adapted to the work flow of building houses and really embraced it. I am truly excited to be here and I want to finish the work I started. I really hope that can happen.

But my journey may be cut short, and I feel devastated. I found out today that I may have to leave sooner then I expected due to financial reasons. I am not ready to leave, but after several days of trying to solve the problem, I have come to accept that I may have to go. I keep telling myself that it’s the Universe's way of telling me that now’s the time and something else is waiting around the corner. I hope so.

I'd like to finish out my time in New Orleans, but if not, I will go home knowing it's been an amazing experience and I accomplished much of what I set out to accomplish.

I just hope my time doesn’t get cut short--I'd like 2 more months of building.

0 comments:

Post a Comment