Crazy Few Days


Wow, these past few days have been busy. I have had little to no access to the internet, and not a spare moment to sit down and write. This is my first opportunity and I couldn't wait to write you.

To catch you up, I left New Orleans last Wednesday, headed to CA for a very dear friend's wedding. The wedding was a traditional Indian-style wedding, which is very different from the traditional American-style wedding. The Indian wedding is a 3-day event. Basically, it's a pre-funk hosted by the bride (Friday), followed by the actual wedding ceremony also put on by the bride (Saturday), and then a post party put on by the groom (Sunday). The women also attended a special women's night on Thursday, similar to a bridal shower.

It wasn't easy getting here but I am so happy it was possible. I had a such a wonderful time. On Thursday, I met up with a sorority sister of mine and an old college friend. The three of us decided to share a room, and we spent the rest of the weekend catching up and enjoying time together. We ran errands for the bride, prepped for the different events (Mehndi, Nikaak, Vlima), participated in ceremonies, and enjoyed amazing Indian cuisine, music, dress, dance, and eac hother.

I am so blessed to have been able to experience this amazing traditional Indian wedding and to have met all the beautiful people in my friend's life.

Congrats, Jah & I love you!

Pictures coming soon (swamp pics, too).

0 comments:

Post a Comment