Touch Ups On Painters


I got in pretty late last night from building, I was too tired to do anything.

Today was scorching and I was a bit off my game. We had a heat index of 99 at 11:00 AM, which reached 105 by day's end. Let me just say, it’s ridiculous, unlike any other heat I’ve ever felt (Mexico, Arizona, Hawaii). Though it makes the days a bit rougher and I’m usually dragging by about 2:30 PM, (sometimes 1:30 PM :-) ) it’s all part of the experience. It just reminds me of the Katrina victims, I COULD NOT imagine being in this heat with no food or water and no way to get out of the heat for 3-5 days.

We went back to the 8th ward today. The house was pretty much done and there were just a few things that needed to be finished or touched up, well at least that’s what we thought. The last time we were on Painters St. was about 2 weeks ago. We’ve been waiting for the carpet and linoleum to be installed. Yesterday Brian was advised that everything had been installed, so we were going to return to the house on Painters today to finish everything up in hopes of moving the homeowner in ASAP. After doing a walk through of the house this morning, Brian and I noticed that some baseboards and toe kicks had been pulled out by the contractors when they came to install the flooring. What this meant was that we had to redo the baseboard, but because we don’t have enough material, we had to fix it by filling in the gaps. This made measuring a bit challenging for me today. At one point I cut a base board perfectly, then tried to put it in place and it was too long so I scribed it, cut it, and attempted to fit it. I then went on to cope the baseboard. When I was finished coping, I went to put the board in and it was too short so I had to start all over. That’s kind of how my whole day went. We spent the entire day fixing and redoing parts of the interior. We will return to Painters tomorrow. Hopefully to get everything finished this time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment