Small Disappointment


I wanted to take Amber on the ferry because I’ve heard nice things about the ride from a number of people. After our experience today, I’m not sure what everyone was talking about.


We’ll just say our trip to Algiers wasn’t exactly what we expected. As were boarding the ferry, which runs from New Orleans – Algiers – Gretna, I notice another ferry dock across the water. I jokingly said to Amber, “I bet that’s Algiers across the water,” and sure enough, it was. Our ferry ride was probably all of seven minutes. At this point we figured oh well, we’ll enjoy a nice lunch and then head back. Once we got off the boat, we realized we were surrounded by houses, there weren’t any restaurants in sight. A bit confused I was as when I looked into our trip to Algiers I read that we would dock next to an area with lots eateries and little shops. I asked a fellow passenger and he told us how to get to the 3 restaurants. Amber and I start walking and half way down the road we hear thunder, look up and see a very nice size black cloud right above us. Neither of us wanted to walk in the rain, so we decided to head back.  Though I was a bit disappointed in our day, we ended up enjoying the rest of it.


Once we were back in New Orleans, I took Amber to a restaurant called Dragos (a seafood spot),  famous for char-grilled oysters and I wanted her to try them. I was really impressed, she tried one and actually liked it. We had a nice lunch and then returned to the French Quarter to find some souvenirs. Finally, after 6 hours downtown we decided we were exhausted. We’re home now and getting Amber’s things ready for her flight tomorrow. We have to wake up at 4:45 AM. No New Orleans time for this--must be on time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment