Beautiful Sunday Afternoon


Amber and I decided not to take the ferry to Algiers today, so instead we walked around the French Quarter. I gave Amber a tour of some of the well-known attractions like the French Market, Jackson Square Park, CafĂ© Du Monde, Pat O’Brien's (and their fabulous piano bar, I wish Amber was old enough to experience it), and of course, the infamous Bourbon St.



We walked down Bourbon St. as we headed back to catch the street car. It was nice, not too crowded yet not empty. A couple spots on our way tried to pull us into their bars…I had to tell them she wasn’t of age. We returned home, had dinner, and fell asleep to 16Blocks.


Today we are going to catch the ferry and have lunch in Algiers. I need to start getting ready, but I’ll be back. Stories of our swamp tour and pictures of this week are coming soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment